What is CBD?
CBD or Cannabidiol is one of the key cannabinoids (active compounds) found in the cannabis sativa plant. CBD is a non-psychoactive component and is a natural remedy for myriad health issues without producing any toxic or side-effects. Therefore it is now the most researched cannabinoid on the market. The valuable presence of CBD in the cannabis plant has greatly helped remove the stigma of “the high” (mind-altering effect) associated with cannabis use.
A plant-based medicine from the cannabis sativa species with CBD as one of the major cannabinoids, called Medical Marijuana, is the new rage of today. It is used to treat various diseases and conditions. Today, many marijuana strains of the cannabis plant are grown for medical use. Hence, your own natural remedy against pain or disorders can be grown through marijuana seeds for medical use.
Medical marijuana became broadly legal in Florida about a year ago, owing to its immense popularity among Floridians. A subsequent development of this legalization is the presence of numerous state-certified medical marijuana doctors and dispensaries. Legal states permit the medical and recreational use of marijuana, many also allowing to grow weed and purchased marijuana through mail order.
Healing with CBD
The most notable use of CBD today is in making CBD-rich oil which can be a promising natural treatment for almost every imaginable ailment.
The popularity of CBD oil has so grown that people are dropping it into their nighttime tea, swallowing capsules, and loading it into their vape pens (small, pocket-sized vaporizers), swearing by its benefits of relieving depression, treating chronic pain, and helping them sleep deeper. CBD oil is typically extracted from the resin glands (known as trichomes) on cannabis buds and flowers. It is usually diluted with another type of oil, namely, MCT (Medium-Chain Triglycerides) oil, so that Cannabidiol interacts with the body quickly and easily.
Here are some of the key health benefits of CBD oil:
- Pain relief – One of the most celebrated health benefits of CBD oil is pain relief. The analgesic (pain relieving ) effects of CBD oil are achieved by the interaction of Cannabidiol with receptors in the brain and the immune system. CBD reduces inflammation and offers effective pain relief without giving rise to dreadful side effects in patients. The correct CBD dosage for pain is the key to achieving the desired effects.
- Anti-seizure properties – Seizures occur due to a dramatic variation of electrical activity in the brain. The anti-seizure properties of CBD oil can be used to treat neurological disorders like epilepsy. The oil can be rubbed comfortably on the gums and under the tongue. A study conducted over a 14-week period on young adults with the Dravet syndrome (a rare type of epilepsy with fever-induced seizures) revealed that nearly half of those who received CBD oil experienced a drop in seizure frequency by 50 percent or even greater, and about 5% of the patients consuming CBD oil became seizure-free.
- Combats anxiety, depression, and insomnia – Due to the vital effects of CBD oil on the activity in the brain’s limbic and paralimbic areas, subjective anxiety and depression are significantly reduced. It is also recommended by marijuana doctors that CBD oil can be used in the therapy of a range of mental ailments. Furthermore, CBD oil helps fight your insomnia without any psychoactive effects and promotes good quality night sleep. CBD’s mechanism of working alongside our endocannabinoid system (ECS) helps us achieve a balance which can cure amnesia and also other sleep disorders.
- Helps in cancer treatment- The National Cancer Institute has concluded that the miraculous CBD oil can cease the growth of cancerous cells, thereby reducing cancer symptoms. The compounds in cannabis are anti- tumorous in nature. It has also been seen in researches that CBD can stop the spread of cancer cells in cervical cancer.
- May support to quit smoking– CBD oil can be used by people who wish to quit smoking. It can help to overcome nicotine addiction.
- Treating diabetes– Studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem have witnessed the CBD receptors in bodily tissues and have found that the properties of CBD oil can be adapted as per the receptor. CBD has anti-inflammatory properties and can treat inflammation caused by cardiovascular diseases and diabetes, also improving the metabolism of the individual.
The natural herb cannabis is a wonderful gift of nature. The various extracts of marijuana like CBD oil, cannabis seeds, strains are used to further make many more products which are utilized in several ways. States which have legalized the use of cannabis even permit to grow weed. There are specific rules related to this. There is a lot of information available which guide as to how to grow weed.
Header Image via Healthline