Put some Christmas spirit into your edibles!
Do you hear that? The bells are ringing and the choirs are singing. That means that the Holiday season is right around the corner. But don?t worry, there?s no need for your cannabis edibles cravings to be left out in the cold!
With all of the cannabis edibles options out there, you?ll be in the holiday spirit in no time. We?ve got everything from cannabis-infused cookies, cakes, chocolates and more! Get your palate ready for seasonal flavors like peppermint, ginger, cranberry, pumpkin, pecan, and everything else that you love.
Holiday Cannabis Treats
We?ve got a list of some of the most sought after Holiday treats this season. Be sure to visit your local cannabis shop to ask for some of them!
- Mellows: These are delicious gourmet Peppermint Bark Marshmallows that only have about 5 milligrams of THC. That means that you can toss one into a hot cup of cocoa and get on with your gift wrapping!
- Peppermint Crush: These are cannabis infused chocolates from Sweet mary Jane. These creamy chocolate hearts are studded with peppermint and deliver a sweet dose of? 10 mg of THC!
- Sweet Grass Kitchen Cookies: Your taste buds are not ready for this. Get ready for a soft center and a sugar crunch finish. You can get some ginger molasses cookies from Sweet Grass Kitchen that deliver a dose of 10mg of THC per serving.
- Polar Caps Cannabis Chocolate Bar: Only while supplies last! This was a big favorite of the past holiday season so be on the lookout. Picture it: a top layer of creamy gourmet cacao lavishly covered in peppermint. This holiday version is infused with THC oil and provides a reliable dose of 100mg of THC per bar.
- Flourish Edibles: If you?re looking for a the perfect stocking stuffer, well, then look no further! Flourish Edibles is a company headed by chef Payton Curry. He?s whipped up some cannabis infused jellies, jams and preserves perfect for the holidays. They?re made with organic ingredients and come with 200 mg of THC in a six-ounce jar.
Holiday Cannabis Recipes
If you don?t feel like braving the crowds and traffic of the holiday season, we?ve got you covered. Let us bring you some much-needed tranquility during this busy time of the year. We?ve got some recipes where you can add a touch of cannabis to your holiday festivities.
Egg Nug Nog
Don?t you just love this play on words? This most traditional of holiday drinks is transformed into something both pleasant and soothing.
Ingredients: 4 grams ground cannabis, 3 eggs, 2 cups heavy cream, 2 tablespoons butter,? 1/2 cup brandy, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, 4 cinnamon sticks, 4 tablespoons vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon allspice reserve, 1/2 teaspoon clove.
1. Take a saucepan and place it on the lowest setting.
2. Add the brandy, cannabis, butter and vanilla extract in the saucepan.
3. Cook the pan for 60 minutes.
4. Give it 45 minutes and then add the nutmeg, allspice and clove.
5. Strain the mixture and set aside to cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
6. Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, sugar and the cannabis brandy mixture together until it?s nice and thick.
7. Place into each glass and sprinkle some allspice reserve across the top.?
8. Add a cinnamon stick and prepare to and enjoy!
Hot Pot Chocolate
Noticed the trend yet? We?re going to keep this up! Who doesn?t love a hot cup of cocoa? We know we do! Follow the instructions to prepare – and enjoy – this holiday favorite!
Ingredients: 1/2 gram finely ground cannabis, 1 cup whole milk, 1 cup light cream,? 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, 5 tablespoons sugar, 1 pinch salt, 1 pinch cinnamon
1. Take the the milk, sugar and salt and place them in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Once the salt and sugar have dissolved, go ahead and place the cream, vanilla, cinnamon, brandy and finely chopped cannabis into the saucepan.
2. When it gets to just under a boil, you can add the chocolate. Then, turn the heat off and stir the mixture until the chocolate has melted.
3. Strain the hot chocolate.
4. Serve it up with marshmallows, cinnamon or nutmeg.
It?s time to put the ?happy? back in Happy Holidays! We hope that you?ve enjoyed this small guide to cannabis edibles.
Do you have any edible recommendations for this holiday season? Let us know in the comments.
Want to pick out the perfect strain for your holiday baking? Check out our Strain Review section.
Written by Emily from Essence Cannabis Dispensary.